17. aprillil peab semiootika osakonnas külalisloengu Ivo Velinov teemal "On basic and complex cultural transformations: Peirce, Greimas, Lotman"
17. aprill, 2018. 14:15 ruumis 306. Loeng toimub inglise keeles.
Next week we will have another guest lecturer, Dr. Ivo Iv. Velinov He is a Senior Research Fellow in South-East European Centre for Semiotic Studies, New Bulgarian University and a Researcher in cultural transformation. Former ERASMUS PhD Student, University of Tartu, Estonia (2007-2008). Visiting Scholar at the Moscow State Linguistic University, Moscow, Russia. His research papers are published in academic volumes in Italy, Greece and Russia.
2012: PhD in Contemporary Philosophy (BG Code 2.3. Philosophy of Culture, Politics, Law, and Economics)
The thesis I wish to present here is that sign systems improve the process to perceive physically and mentally certain facts for exploitation and dissemination of visual representation in space and time.
1. Understanding the processes of σημείωσις in the landscape of otherness, we construct the importance of ideals in cultural representation. Ideals in culture are often shown as emotional reaction in recognition the cultural milieu and contemporary faith.
2. Because of specific cultural differences in recognition the cultural milieu, sign systems deal with texts from metahistorical social events to describe a space-time process. Individual uses space as a value to identify with. Values are in the process of transition, penetrated uncontrollably by transience, novelty and diversity.
3. Dynamics of social challenges and being under the influence of the past register the specifics of social reality in three case studies concerning boundaries of time and space. Devotion to time and space is situated in the field of symbolical, theoretical and cultural representations.