The motivation letter is used to evaluate the applicant's motivation to study in the Philosophy Master’s Programme. With this in mind, please address the following questions in the letter:
- How are your interests, previous education and/or working experience (if applicable) linked to the Master’s Programme in Philosophy?
- How are your future plans and goals related to the selected study field?
- What are the most interesting research topics for you and why (please give adequate reasons for choosing these as potential Master’s thesis topics)?
The motivation letter will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Compatibility of interests, previous education and/or work experience and the issues raised in the motivation letter with the goals of the Programme (50 %);
- Analytical and argumentation skills (30%);
- Lucidity and self-expression skills (20 %).
The letter must be written in English and be 400-650 words long. We advise you to familiarise yourself with the Master’s Programme of Philosophy before writing the letter.