The Juri Lotman scholarship
The Juri Lotman Fund announces its scholarship contest intended for graduate students from the University of Tartu whose research carries on the tradition of Lotman and his school in semiotics and slavic philology.
In 2021, the Juri Lotman Fund will award two scholarships á 600€ to a master’s or a doctoral student in slavic philology and in semiotics and culture theory. The grantees will be disclosed on Juri Lotman’s birthday, 28 February 2021.
To apply for the scholarship the candidate should submit:
- an original research, academic article or a series of articles, or
- a defended bachelor’s or master’s thesis, or
- a paper written specially for the contest,
which have already been published or submitted for publishing, and which have been written within previous two years as of the date of submitting.
The topic of the research is not restricted. The papers can be written in Estonian, Russian and English and should have a summary in a different Language.
Please submit an electronic copy of your work by 15 January 2021 to the Chair of Russian Literature(e-mail: milvi.kaber [ät] ut.ee - papers inphilology) or to the Department of Semiotics (e-mail: ulvi.urm [ät] ut.ee - papers in semiotics).
Along with the research paper, the candidates must also submit the following documents:
- academic CV;
- academic advisor’s letter of recommendation;
- first year graduate students are asked to submit a copy of their Diploma with the Diploma Supplement if they have acquired their previous education outside the University of Tartu.)
Milvi Kaber, College of Foreign Languages and Cultures, phone: 737 5228,
e-mail: milvi.kaber [ät] ut.ee;
Ulvi Urm, Institute of Philosophy and Semiotics, phone: 737 5933,
e-mail: ulvi.urm [ät] ut.ee.