Below you will find questions that frequently come up in the beginning of the studies and answers to those questions.
· While updating my personal information on SIS i noticed i am listed under "form of financing" as a fee paying student, though in my admission letter I've been told to have the tuition waiver scholarship. Is this normal for people who receive this or is it a mistake in the system?
There is no need to worry. Officially the Internationa Philosophy MA programme in UT has a fee. However, most students get a tuition-waiver scholarship that covers the fee, so if you have been informed about getting a tuition-waiver scholarship, you do not have to pay for your studies although it shows in the system that you are a fee paying student. What is actually meant is that you are enrolled in a programme that has a fee.
· Where can I find information about courses taught in English?
Here you will find a link to a list of courses taught in English: http://www.ut.ee/en/courses-taught-english
There is more studies-related information here: http://www.ut.ee/en/study-related-information
More detailed infomration about courses is available in the study information system, where you can also register to courses. Here is a video tutorial about the SIS: http://www.ut.ee/sites/default/files/www_ut/ois.mp4
· Can I take more optional courses than necessary to fulfil my semester plan?
Yes, you can take as many courses as you like and all completed courses will eventually show up on your diploma. You do not need to pay extra for extra courses. However, you need to make sure that you get the 30 ECTS for course work that fits your semester plan. In your curriculum, there is room for optional subjects for 6 ECTS. If you take more optional courses, those will not count as part of the 30 ECTS that you need to have by the end of the semester.
· How do I register to normal courses under “specialization course” in SIS?
You simply register to the course in SIS. It is important to categorize it as a specialization course in your semester plan. After you have completed the course, Ruth Jürjo will categorize it under “specialization course” in SIS.
· How do I register to individual courses that I design with my supervisor?
Unless the individual course involves a reading group that is registered in SIS, you cannot register to it in SIS at the beginning of the semester. Simply write the course down in your semester plan that you design together with your supervisor. At the end of the semester the department coordinator will place it under a specialisation course module in the SIS.
· Can I follow courses at another university as a part of my MA programme?
It is also possible to take courses from other Estonian universities. Here you will find more information about that: http://www.ut.ee/en/current-
The MA students can also spend up to 6 months abroad as a part of the programme, beginning from the second semester. For information about studying abroad possibilities, please see: http://www.ut.ee/en/current-
You need to have the permission of the programme manager to study abroad, so if you plan to go abroad, please contact her.
· Can I do a short internship at a company or governmental institution during the MA programme?
Absolutely! That's exactly what the practice module is for.