The interview is designed to determine the applicant's readiness for continuous learning, professional development, and aptitude to study in the Master’s Programme.
The applicant will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Acquaintance with the field of Philosophy;
- Readiness for continous learning and professional development;
- Skills in analysis, argumentation, and self-expression.
The duration of the interview is 20 min and it is conducted in English either via Skype or in person. The interviews will be scheduled in cooperation with qualifying candidates after March 15 when the motivation letters and essays have been evaluated. The interviews will take place in April.
Admission Interview via Skype
The University of Tartu uses the Skype free software to conduct the video call. For information about the use of Skype, see https://support.skype.com/en/ . The interviewee/applicant must create a Skype account for themselves.
For the interview via Skype the applicant needs the following:
- A computer or smart device with the Skype software installed in it. In addition, the computer or smart device must have a web camera, earphones and microphone (built-in or separate). As the applicant must be visually identified at the interview, the use of the web camera is mandatory, not recommended.
- The Internet connection with a speed of at least 1 Mb/s (upload/download) is recommended for the video call.
At the Skype interview:
- The applicant must have an identity document.
- The applicant has to ensure that the room where they stay is free from other persons or background noise.
- The applicant must take into account that they are not allowed to save the interview.