On May 3rd to 10th 2015 quality assessment of humanities study programme group took place. The Department of Philosophy (among others) at Univeristy of Tartu was assessed by the following panel:
- Prof Malcolm Cook University of Exeter; UK
- Prof Kristian Bankov New Bulgarian University; Bulgaria
- Prof Hugh Beach Uppsala University; Sweden
- Mr Tapio Heiskari (student) National Union of University Students; Finland
- Ass. Prof Marjan Hester Groot Leiden University; The Netherlands
- Prof Benedikt Stuchtey Phillips-Universität Marburg; Germany
- Dr Simon Kirchin University of Kent; UK
- Prof Katalin Farkas Central European University, Budapest; Hungary
Read more about the quality assessment of a study programme group from EKKA website.
On 5th and 6th of October 2009 Department of Philosophy was visited by an international accreditation committee:
- Prof Panagiotis Dimas (Univeristy of Oslo),
- Prof Olli Koistinen (Univeristy of Turu),
- Prof Ingmar Persson (University of Gothenburg),
- Prof Alan Carter (University of Glasgow),
- Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Schmidt-Biggemann (Freie Universität Berlin),
- Prof Andres Öpik (Tallinn Technical University, observer from Estonian Higher Education Quality Agency).
The committee evaluated the current Bachelor's, Master's and PhD curricula. During the two days they met with students from all levels of study, faculty, members from academic councils and the people who compiled the self-evaluation report. They also visited study and work rooms of the Department, Centre for Ethics and the libraries. The final decision was positive and it recommended to give Estonian Higher Education Quality Agency full accreditation to all current curricula.
You can read the self-evaluation report compiled for the accredication.
- The report includes data from 2009, which means it still used the old credit point system where 1 point is equal to 40 hours of work, also the list of courses in curricula are from the academic year 2008/2009.
- This version of the report does not include Appendix 31 which concerns the fincancial information.
- Also it does not include Appendix 39 which contains the CVs.